A true resident of Kochi is bound to feel ‘at home’ at sea (or even a backwater). More importantly, she always senses a feeling of confidence and peace at the city’s most historic location – #FortKochi.
Wondering why? Well, a stroll around the area would help you gather a better understanding of such intense emotions.
If you wish to experience this island of history, culture and architecture, here are a few tips:
1. Early mornings, weekdays or late afternoons do the trick: As Fort Kochi is a historic place, you are likely to see large groups of people flocking the streets later in the day or during the weekends. The more relaxed you are, the higher are the chances of you exploring the place and appreciating its beauty.
2. ‘Hop’ around: No matter how charming the place might be, the right-hand-side of every menu card in Fort Kochi’s cafes could make your eyes pop! So, don’t fear.
The three ‘E’s always save you from burning a hole in your pocket – Enter, enjoy, exit.
3. Live innovatively: This area is a favorite among those who yearn for inspiration and ideas. Stay alert and look-out for the most unusual displays of a day’s menu or a tree-loving cafe.
4. Be at home: Do not hesitate walking into an old house which now houses a fine cafe or an art gallery.
Some of these structures cease to exist today. Hence, it would be ideal to explore these space and travel back in time!
5. Treat yourself to views beyond imagine: Who does not like a view of the setting sun while sipping on a glass of rather expensive lemonade?
Trust me. With a view like that, every penny that you spend would seem minuscule.
So, what are you waiting for?